Mobile Bay Complex

Mobile Bay Complex

Fairway

W&T Offshore acquired an initial 64.3% working interest, along with operatorship, in the Fairway Field and associated Yellowhammer gas processing plant from Shell Offshore, Inc. in August 2011. In September 2014, we acquired the remaining 35.7% working interest in the field from Marubeni. Fairway is comprised of Mobile Bay Area blocks 113 (Alabama State Lease #0531) and 132 (Alabama State Lease #0532) located in 25 feet of water, approximately 35 miles south of Mobile, Alabama. This field is producing from one reservoir of Upper Jurassic age Norphlet sand at a depth of 21,300 feet.

Key Statistics

26%

Percent oil and NGLs of proved reserves

3,653 Boe/d

2019 average daily equivalent sales rate (net)

Mobile Bay Field

The recently acquired Mobile Bay Field is located off the coast of Alabama, in state and federal waters approximately 70 miles south of Mobile, Alabama.  The field area includes 16 Alabama State Water blocks and four Federal OCS blocks.  This area includes seven major platforms and 27 flowing wells, in up to 50 feet of water. Exxon first discovered Norphlet gas pay in 1978 with first gas production from the Mary Ann Field in 1988. We acquired a varied working interest (25%-100%) in nine producing fields from Exxon effective January 1, 2019, and we became the operator of the fields in December 2019.  Cumulative field production through 2019 is approximately 576.6 MMBoe gross.  The Mobile Bay fields produce from the Jurassic age Norphlet eolian sandstone at an average depth of 21,000 feet total vertical depth. As of December 31, 2019, 56 Norphlet wells have been drilled and 45 were successful.  

Key Statistics

20%

Percent oil and NGLs of proved reserves